Senior Research Analyst
- Northwest Florida State College
- Location: Niceville, Florida
- Posting Date: 03/01/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Senior Research Analyst
Position: Senior Research Analyst
Department: Institutional Research, Effectiveness, Analysis, & Planning
Classification: Administrative I
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
The Senior Research Analyst position is primarily responsible for providing information to aid data-informed decision-making at the department, program, and institution level. This position helps the College to fulfill its success agenda for students, employees and service area by providing data that monitor lead and lag indicators that align with its strategic priorities. This individual works independently on mandated state and federal reporting, ad hoc re-search studies, and complex statistical analysis. The incumbent builds capacity within Institutional Research, Effectiveness, Analysis, and Planning (IREAP), and supports the training needs of other departments.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science, social sciences) or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience of research design, data collection, data transformation, data retrieval, and statistical analysis.
- Experience of working in institutional research or in a position where data analysis was/ is the primary function.
- Proficient in high-level statistical analysis skills, such as predictive analytics, data mining, and modeling.
- Experience in visualizing and presenting data.
- Proficient in the following tools/software:
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Power BI, Teams, and SharePoint (required).
- Banner and Cognos (preferred).
- SAS Enterprise Guide (required).
- Major statistical packages – SAS and SPSS (required).
- SQL Developer (required).
- Experience in programming languages (SQL, PROC SQL, R) to extract data and perform analysis (required).
- Knowledge (advanced) of relational database platforms and experience of building, cleaning, and analyzing large datasets (required).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (required).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a collaborative setting (required). · Ability to troubleshoot issues and problem solve (required).
- High level of self-motivation and willingness to learn new technologies and skills (required).
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously (required). · A commitment to Integrity, Diversity & Inclusion, Prosperity & Wellness, Excellence, Stewardship, and Innovation (required).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the reporting of data to state and federal agencies and serves as the IPEDS keyholder.
- Works with departments throughout the College on data needs and ways to leverage data to improve processes.
- Creates canned reports for self-service within departments.
- Performs high-level (descriptive and inferential) analysis in support of institutional decision making on strategic priorities.
- Writes code to extract data from relational databases.
- Builds dashboards and other data visualizations to aid in dissemination of data.
- Writes research briefs and white papers.
- Presents data to internal and external constituents.
- Conducts quality assurance checks on reports and data prepared for internal and external dissemination and develops tools for internal data audits.
- Assists in the development of continuous improvement plans and academic program reviews.
- Designs surveys and other data collection instruments.
- Administers internal and external surveys.
- Provides research and data-related training throughout the College, including within IREAP.
- As a part of the college’s risk management tool annual mandatory compliance training is required
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Provide a complete application package that includes all of the following:
- NWF State College Application
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position
- Copies of unofficial transcripts. (All degrees must be from a regionally-accredited postsecondary institution.)
To apply for this position, please visit our website: https://nwfsc.interviewexchange.com, or Human Resources, Northwest Florida State College, 100 College Blvd., Niceville, FL 32578 (Tel. #850-729-5365). NWFSC offers an excellent fringe benefit package. If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/ selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of age, color, ethnicity, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or gender in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
Direct Apply Link : https://nwfsc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=140099