Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs & Student Services, the Dean is responsible for the administration and leadership of the Division which includes Associate Degree programs in Registered Nursing, Cardiac Sonography, General Sonography and Medical Radiography and certificate programs in Practical Nursing, Computed Tomography, Imaging Informatics, Magnetic Resonance and Mammography. These responsibilities will include faculty recruitment, evaluation and development; new program and curriculum development; program assessment; establishment and maintenance of articulation and clinical affiliation agreements, budget development and compliance with requirements of accreditation bodies and agencies and maintenance of appropriate standards of admission for all programs in the Division.
- Master’s degree in a health-related discipline
- Successful academic administrative experience in higher education or equivalent experience in health care
- Experience working in a health care organization with strong clinical affiliation
- Knowledge of program accreditation requirements
- Successful college-level teaching experience
- Experience in the recruitment, evaluation, professional development and supervision of faculty and/or staff
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative and innovative leadership
- Demonstrated capacity to foster and manage change in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree in Nursing and/or Doctorate
- Experience with curriculum development, assessment and/or strategic planning
- Proven ability to promote and foster a Learning Community philosophy of teaching
- Demonstrated ability to promote the expanded application of technology to teach
- Demonstrated commitment to programs leading to student success and completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to promote collaboration among departments
- Experience in developing and managing budgets effectively
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of a community college and student-centered learning environment
Salary Range: $112,000.00 - $117,000.00
Effective Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To Ensure Consideration All Application Materials Must Be Received By DATE May 22, 2014.
Application Procedures: Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required and preferred Qualifications to: www.BHCC.mass.edu/Employment . Expand position and click on “Apply Now” and follow instructions. Fax Transcripts to (617) 228-3328.