Job Title: Sub/Oncall Pool - Campus Security Officer, Unarmed
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $0.00 Hourly
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Main Campus, Coos Bay, Oregon
Print Job Information | Apply
Primary Purpose Benefits Supplemental Questions
To establish a pool for Temporary employment needed to assist departments to meet business demands due to seasonal demands, temporary surges, or temporarily replace employees on leave.
Perform duties, which promote the safety and well-being of the college community, utilizing established College policies and procedures while working in accordance with the Oregon DPSST Private Security Professional standards. Provide patrol services on campus to ensure the safety and security of staff, students, and the public. Observe, report, and safely intervene when appropriate and report criminal or illegal acts to outside partner agencies. Respond and take appropriate action in the event of a fire or medical emergency and report to outside partner agencies.
Description of Duties and tasks:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Patrol using a motorized vehicle or on foot and inspect campus buildings, grounds, Student Housing, and property for the prevention of theft, fire, vandalism, and personal injury. Assume responsibility for providing security to students, staff, and the general public on campus.
2. Enforce the Student Conduct Code, College Safety and Security Policies and Procedures, and Student Housing Conduct Code in a proactive manner that educates staff, students, and the public on such policies and procedures.
3. Establishes and maintains positive relationships with staff, students, and the public. Works to develop programs and patrol activities that support the safety needs of the campus. At all times, conduct self in a courteous and professional manner, strictly adhering to college policies and procedures. Model and support a community oriented policing model.
4. Report violations of Student Conduct Code, College Safety and Security Policies, and Student Housing Conduct Code, unsafe conditions and illegal criminal acts to lead on duty and/or police agencies as appropriate. Contact and cooperate with police and/or emergency service agencies in matters relating to the apprehension of offenders and the investigation of offenses as necessary. May conduct interviews and gather information concerning complaints, accidents, violations of student conduct codes or calls for assistance to record information on thefts, physical violence, and other incidents and advises individuals on how to proceed.
5. Provide information and assistance to students, staff, and the general public. Deliver emergency messages to students and staff as needed.
6. While patrolling campus buildings and grounds, survey and note unsafe conditions, taking discretionary measures when necessary.
7. Conduct targeted patrols in response to specific request for possible prevention of workplace violence. Conduct loss prevention patrols and notifications to individuals on campus for asset protection. Assist in threat management identification, response and de-escalation as necessary.
8. Provide assistance for emergencies such as medical, bomb threats, and fire; gives emergency first aid which may include CPR and use of an AED; determines if an ambulance or other medical assistance is needed and calls appropriate agency for assistance.
9. Unlock buildings and gates as requested by authorized personnel. Ensure that buildings are secured upon departure of authorized personnel.
10. Provide money drop service, assists in department closures, and escorts individuals to their vehicles upon request.
11. Accurately complete daily activity logs and prepare handwritten or computer generated reports for incidents occurring on campus.
12. Warn persons trespassing or violating college policies and established procedures.
13. Patrol college roads and parking areas and warn/cite violators creating hazards by disobeying college traffic and parking regulations. Contact towing agencies when necessary to maintain fire lanes and parking areas, or other situations creating a hazard to other motorists on campus property.
14. Models and ensures diversity and cultural competency (respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing, and welcoming cultural differences) in all position responsibilities regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, social class, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, age, language, origin, or employment status.
15. Collect and process lost and found items.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
May provide or assist in providing security at college events to maintain peace and safety for those attending.
May be called upon to clean up blood or body fluids spills in the absence of custodial staff, utilizing appropriate blood borne pathogens procedures established by Southwestern.
Provide maintenance and custodial functions in the absence of maintenance/custodial staff in emergency situations.
Attend meetings and training sessions as directed.
Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
Follow all safety procedures and maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.