Instructor, CC ((Nursing (ADN))
- Honolulu Community College
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Nursing
- Posting Date: 06/09/2014
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Continuous recruitment until needs are met; applications received on or before the first review date of July 1, 2014 will be given priority; general funded, tenure track, pending position clearance, position may be converted from 11 to 9 months or 9 to 11 months based on operational needs.
- Under general supervision, design, deliver, and assess instruction in terms of student learning outcomes in medical-surgical nursing; develop and/or update course content and materials and teaching and assessment strategies and methods to:
- 1) improve learning outcomes;
- 2) address the learning needs of the Colleges diverse students;
- 3) integrate thinking and writing skills into course content where appropriate; and
- 4) use multi-media resources, including computers, where appropriate.
- Perform other teaching-related duties that include, but are not limited to, preparing course syllabi and maintaining office hours for academic advising and for conferring with students about course work. Regular workload is Monday through Friday but may include evening and weekend classes, continuing education classes, distance education classes, and teaching at off-campus sites.
- Non-teaching duties include:
- 1) working collegially to provide service to the department and college;
- 2) engaging in public service related to one's professional status and/or expertise; and
- 3) engaging in professional development and professional or scholarly activities related to one's discipline or teaching.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- At least one year of hospital experience in one of the areas of teaching responsibility (Medical —Surgical Nursing) preferably this experience will have been gained within the last 5 years of date of application;
- RN eligible for Hawaii State License; and RN license required by effective date of employment.
- Education or experience in curriculum development, evaluation, or teaching methods; evidence of successful teaching in a college setting; experience in working with diverse, multiethnic student population; ability to instruct using multimedia resources, including computers; recent clinical experience in areas of teaching assignment; no restrictions to conducting clinical in acute care facilities on O'ahu.
- Patricia O'Hagan, Dean of Health Academic Programs
- Kapi‘olani Community College
- 4303 Diamond Head Road, Ilima 206
- Honolulu, HI 96816
- Patricia O'Hagan, Dean of Health Academic Programs; 808-734-9569; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation for the application or hiring process are encouraged to contact the EEO/AA coordinator(s) for the respective campus.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.