Real Estate Faculty (Part-Time Applicant Pool) (4021)
- Montgomery County Community College
- Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
- Category: Faculty-Education-Other Education (study Of)
- Posting Date: 01/18/2016
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Real Estate Faculty (Part-Time Applicant Pool)
Reports to: Dean of Business and Entrepreneurial Initiatives
*This position requires availability to teach at both Blue Bell and Pottstown Campus as well as day and evening classes.
Part Time Faculty teach assigned courses in a manner that facilitates student learning and mastery of course material. Part Time faculty are encouraged to participate in course and curriculum development, program and course assessment, student advisement, college service, and professional development.
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with the College’s approved course description and competency-based student learning outcomes.
- Incorporate appropriate teaching-learning strategies, technologies, and assessment methods for evaluation of student learning into the course.
- Integrate information literacy and writing into courses as appropriate.
- Follow the College’s guidelines for preparing and submitting course syllabi.
- Meet all scheduled classes and adhere to the academic schedule, which includes final exam times and other program-related testing.
- Assess student learning outcome achievement and incorporate results into discipline appropriate course planning and personal professional development activities.
- Participate in course, curriculum, and program assessment activities.
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator/Program Director/Division Dean in the development and revision of courses of study and curricula.
- Engage in activities that facilitate student achievement of learning outcomes, such as ongoing feedback, and consultation as needed.
- Submit required reports on student attendance and course progress according to published deadlines.
- Collaborate with appropriate Student Services personnel to address perceived student issues which may require special attention.
- Engage in on-going professional development that promotes currency in discipline knowledge and instructional methods.
- Attend Part-time Faculty Orientation prior to completing second semester.
- Seek opportunities to attend scheduled divisional, discipline, and general faculty meetings, as well as the faculty professional development day, convocation and commencement.
- Seek opportunities to provide College and community service.
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards of conduct.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited institution required; Master's degree preferred.
Active PA Real Estate “Associate Broker” license or “Broker” license in “good standing”.
Ideal candidate will be active in local, state, or national “Board of Realtors”.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduates of all abilities. Community College teaching experience preferred.
- Exhibited evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of innovative instructional techniques and technologies and use of course management systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of a variety of teaching activities to address diverse learning styles.
- Demonstrated commitment to the incorporation of information literacy resources, technology, research, writing and culturally diverse perspectives into the curriculum.
- Knowledge of competency-based education preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to continual assessment of the teaching-learning process.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with diverse populations, such as under-resourced groups and first-generation students.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy.
Applicant Pools: Montgomery County Community College maintains applicant pools for Part Time Teaching Faculty positions. The Part Time Faculty applicant pools are utilized to gather a pool of interested applicants from which the department coordinator can review and hire as classes become available. Applications will be maintained for three years from the date the application is submitted.
Interested applicants must upload the following with their online application:
- Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts