The position is a full-time teaching assignment in the Kinesiology and Athletics division.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges:
Master’s degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education,
kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education OR bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND
master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy
OR the equivalent.
• Antelope Valley College Equivalency: Equivalency not needed, per division faculty.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the following documents on file in the Human Resources Office by the deadline date in
order to continue in the application process for this position. Please submit ALL of the following documents:
1. A completed and signed Antelope Valley College Full-Time Academic Faculty Application
Please do not state "See Résumé" on any part of the application. Blank spaces or illegible entries
may be cause for rejection of the application. The District will not return application materials submitted.
2. A letter of intent, addressing qualifications for this position.
3. A résumé or curriculum vitae.
4. Transcripts from ALL college work, to include showing degrees conferred, from an accredited institution(s).
a. Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file;
however, official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.
b. Any degree from a country other than the United States., including Great Britain and Canada,
must be evaluated by a professional evaluation service, and proof of such submitted with
5. At least two signed letters of recommendation; must be dated within the last one to two years.
a. These letters should pertain to professional experience, and are not general “character references.” Applicants are
encouraged to request more than two letters to ensure that at least two are received prior to application review. No faxed
or e-mailed copies will be accepted.
The Antelope Valley Community College District offers an extensive benefits package that includes full-family medical, dental
and vision plans, employee life insurance and income protection policies, and eligibility to enroll in the State Teachers’ Retirement
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
• Previous college teaching experience.
• Previous head coaching experience.
• Demonstrated ability to coach, develop and promote an intercollegiate sports program.
• Experience with year round advertisement, recruitment, organization, coordination and implementation of program needs.
• Demonstrated experience in mentoring students toward achieving positive academic and athletic progress.
• Interest and experience in holding community service activities.
• Interest and experience in promoting fund raising activities.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive effective working relationships with on campus groups including
students, faculty, administrators and staff as well as off campus community and education partners.
• Knowledge of the California Community College Association (CCCAA) Constitution and Bylaws.
• In addition to teaching 15 lecture hour equivalents per semester, full-time faculty are responsible for five office hours per week
and preparation time, and are expected to participate in faculty / division meetings.
• Full-time faculty also participate in curricular planning, student learning outcomes, program learning outcomes, development,
assessment, and implementation; evaluation of educational programs; and college governance contributory to the attainment of
the college’s mission and strategic goals.
• Instructors may be assigned a combination of daytime, evening, and/or Saturday classes, as the college is dedicated to the
educational success of a diverse student body with diverse needs.
• Continued professional development through the Faculty Professional Development Program or other sources is expected.
• Travel between District locations is also expected.