Antelope Valley College invites applications for our adjunct (Temporary, part-time) faculty applicant pool for the following
POSITION: Drama / Theater Arts Instructor
SALARY: Placement on the applicable salary schedule is commensurate with education.
Salary Schedule E - $1,186.43 - $1,282.99
Adjunct instructors are hired on a semester basis and are paid per lecture hour equivalent (LHE).
(To establish a Pool for upcoming semesters; applications to be reviewed as received and hired as needed)Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Most current Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges (10th edition):
Master’s degree or Master of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/performance OR bachelor’s degree or Bachelor of
Fine Arts in drama/theater/performance AND master’s degree in comparative literature, English, communication
studies, speech, literature, or humanities OR the equivalent. (Academic Affairs Division, California Community Colleges)
• Antelope Valley College Equivalency: (Approved: May 10, 2013 Senate Meeting)
• Equivalency not needed, per division faculty.
AND Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of
community college students.
• Instruct students in the assigned discipline.
• Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, evening, and/or off-campus sites.
• Practical and collegiate instruction experience in lighting design.
• Ability to provide and keep updated the light plot and associated paperwork for the artistic concepts of the
production team within budgetary constraints.
• Ability to lead and supervise hang and focus, and notes sessions.
• Attend all production meetings, staging rehearsals as needed, cue setting, technical and dress rehearsals.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the following documents on file in the Human Resources Office by the
deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position.
In order to be considered for placement in the adjunct hiring pool, all of the following materials must be provided. If any of
the listed materials are missing or incomplete, the application will not be considered.
1. A completed and signed Antelope Valley College Adjunct Faculty Application.
Please do not state "See Résumé" on any part of the application. Blank spaces or illegible entries
may be cause for rejection of the application. The District will not return application materials submitted.
2. A personal résumé.
3. Two current signed and dated letters of recommendation from individuals having knowledge of your
4. Transcripts* of all college work from accredited institution(s). (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be
accepted to establish the application file). Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered
*Note: Any degree from a country other than the U.S., including Great Britain and Canada,
must be evaluated by a professional evaluation service.
For more information please go to: http://www.avc.edu/administration/hr/employment.html
5. For those disciplines with established Academic Senate’s approved equivalency, complete the
Supplemental Equivalency Request form (attached).