This job has Expired
Assist the Associate Comptroller in managing the District’s overall accounting processes, including financial reporting.
Perform the essential functions of an Accountant at a senior level, such as performing financial analysis duties to ensure accurate recordkeeping and reporting of revenues, capital projects, investments, property taxes, endowments, and reconciliation of the main bank account. Assist in ensuring the proper fiscal management of grants and contracts. Work closely with the Physical Plant department to ensure adequate capitalization of projects. Assist and participate in the month-end and year-end financial closings and maintenance of the chart of accounts, and perform reconciliation of general ledger and bank accounts.
Assist the accountants and/or prepare technical correspondence related to assignments. Serve as a resource to Accountants, budget heads, and external agencies in matters related to accounting, district policies and procedures, and rules and regulations. Assist in developing procedures, recommending and implementing changes, including improving the internal control system.
Assist the Associate Comptroller in overseeing the College accounts, billings, and submit reports to federal, state, and local agencies. Assist in the review of accounting entries to the College’s financial records. Meet with budget heads regarding their accounting needs. Assist in extracting financial data and preparing documents for the external auditors.
Assist the Associate Comptroller in facilitating communication with external agencies and identifying solutions to the accounting system issues. Assist in implementing appropriate operating procedures and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP), rules and regulations governing the various grants and contracts, and College’s procedures.
Assist in implementing and completing special assignments, reporting, and data research. Participate in the automation of processes, including improvements to the College’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Assume responsibility for office activities in the absence of the Associate Comptroller and perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field and four (4) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
NOTE: A copy of the transcript reflecting this required education MUST be submitted for consideration and reflect completed coursework and degrees conferred. The candidate must be fully qualified for the position at the time of application.
3. Working knowledge of community college policies and procedures, and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
4. Working knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications, and be proficient in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software to quantify and illustrate routine financial and payroll-related reports and statements.
5. Ability to analyze and interpret accounting and financial data, prepare financial reports and statements, detect discrepancies in financial and accounting records, and maintain and reconcile accounting and financial records.
6. Ability to analyze budgetary expenditures for compliance with funding agencies budget, policies and procedures.
7. Ability to effectively manage time, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
8. Ability to effectively lead and train staff.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and other business contacts, and embrace diversity and inclusion and perform in a multicultural community college setting.
10. Effective (oral and written) communication skills.
1. This is a security-sensitive position as defined under the Texas Education Code, Section 51.215; the successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal background check, as permitted and/or required by applicable law, and in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures.
Individuals desiring consideration MUST complete and submit an EPCC Application for Employment on-line by the announced deadline.
COPIES OF ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED by mail, scanned/uploaded with the application, or hand delivered. CURRENT EMPLOYEES ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR TRANSCRIPTS WITH EACH SUBMITTED APPLICATION; TRANSCRIPTS IN PERSONNEL FILES CANNOT BE ACCESSED BY EVALUATORS FOR THIS PURPOSE. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Only documents stating 'Transcript' or 'Unofficial Transcript' will be accepted. Other documents (Degree Audit, Degree Summary, Program Summary, etc.), submitted in lieu of transcripts will not be accepted. Transcripts must be received within one week following the closing of the posting.
If you are unable to attach your transcripts to the application, please mail your transcripts to El Paso Community College, Employment Services, P.O. Box 20500, El Paso, TX 79998. Mailed documents MUST include the position title and posting number for this position vacancy.
A letter of application, resume, letters of recommendation, and other supporting documents are optional but highly encouraged and may be submitted on-line with the application form or forwarded to the Human Resources Department at the address shown above.
Copies of transcripts must reflect completed coursework and conferred degrees. All academic coursework and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited coursework by an agency certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or granting institution, if accredited by one of the regional accrediting bodies such as Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation will not be considered.
Out-of-town candidates invited for an on-campus interview will be reimbursed for one-half of the transportation cost for travel performed within the United States. The College will arrange and pay for up to two nights lodging.
In accordance with federal law and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate must furnish documentation verifying employment authorization eligibility and identity before being employed.
The El Paso County Community College district is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*