|PT Office Assistant II
||College of the Mainland
||Texas, United States
Admin - Secretary and Administrative Assistants
PT Office Assistant II
Provides varied clerical and office administrative assistance
Candidates Eligible to Apply
Position Funding Type
Posting Detail Information
1. High School Graduate
2. Two years of clerical or similar experience
1. Previous experience in customer service
2. Experience in higher education
3. Some college work experience preferred
4. Some college level education preferred
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
1. Basic knowledge of office procedures and customer service
2. Knowledge and experience in MS Word and Excel
3. Knowledge of email use and etiquette
4. Operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures
5. Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
2. Proven ability to troubleshoot effectively
3. Excellent customer service and critical thinking skills
1. Check email as soon as you arrive for assignments/tasks and throughout your shift
2. Greet and direct students and staff
3. Answer phones and take messages if necessary
4. Provide information and resources to students
5. Open and close/secure buildings and rooms as needed
6. Check rooms for cleanliness and restock supplies as needed
7. Modify or create documents in Microsoft or similar software
8. Complete various clerical tasks provided by Director and Administrative Assistant such as emailing or communicating information to staff and students as needed, process requisitions in Webadvisor, access or edit documents on the G drive, also filing, scanning, emailing, etc.
9. Complete time entry to document hours worked
10. Provide a recap email prior to leaving by sending a brief email to the Administrative Assistant and to the Director
1. Position requires stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
2. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Posting Will Be Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting